The data controller is Jelf Group plc, whose registered number is 2975376 and whose registered office is Court, Bowling Hill, Hillside Court Chipping Sodbury, BS37 6JX.
Children are not eligible to use our services and we ask that minors under the age of 18 do not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use this service only in conjunction with your parents’ or guardians’ consent.
By completing an enquiry form, or registering for a course, you consent to the collection and use of your personally identifiable information by ourselves only, unless your registration is under an employer scheme in which case this consent extends to those staff administering the scheme for your employer.
Collecting Personal Information
The information gathered by us from this Site falls into two categories: (1) information voluntarily supplied by visitors to our Site and (2) tracking information gathered as visitors navigate through our Site.
1. Information voluntarily provided by you
- We collect basic personal information that you may give to us when you register to use, or administer, one of our online courses, including your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information. This information may be mandatory or optional. Mandatory information is held to enable you to access the Site and for communicating with you. Optional information may also be used for this purpose or for our demographic and statistical purposes.
- We also collect basic personal information such as name and email address when you use one of our enquiry or feedback forms. Information is held by us to enable us to communicate with you.
- None of your personally identifiable information or contact details will be shared with any third party unless you are accessing this Site as part of an employer scheme, in which case your employer will also have access to your basic personal details to administer the courses for your organisation. There is an update option to enable you to check and amend this information at any time.
- Should we introduce additional forms in the future to provide other options for you, which include providing contact information to third parties, we will make this clear and not provide information unless you voluntarily select the option to do so.
- Some of our interactive courses allow you to input personal ideas and information to build up into an overall plan for yourself. It is held in the SCORM compliant LearningCart Learning Management System that we use and is held in encoded format. To prevent access to this by any other person you should not provide your login details to anyone else.
2. Tracking / Website Navigational Information
- As you navigate the Site, we may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons (collectively “Website Navigational Information”). Website Navigational Information includes standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on the Site (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked). We describe this Website Navigational Information in more detail below.
How do we use the information you provide us with?
- If you are a registered user, we use the information you provide us with to maintain a database of all our users’ information and associated course usage. Occasionally, we, or if applicable your employer’s course administrator, may use the information to notify you about important functionality or other changes, or send you reminders related to course usage.
- Except as specifically permitted by us you may not disclose your user password to any third party nor share it with any third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personally identifiable information and may be subject to actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change it.
- We use the information you provide us with to maintain a database of enquirers information to enable us to communicate with you.
Disclosure of personal information
- In special circumstances we may have to disclose your information to the government or third parties. We can (and you authorise us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability. Likewise you authorise us to disclose all personal information for the same purposes.
Security / Storage of your Information
- We are committed to safeguarding the security of the information that you provide us with and we make every effort to ensure that all the information provided by you is protected.
- We have adopted the technical and organisational measures necessary to ensure the security of the personal information we collect, use and maintain, and prevent their alteration, loss, unauthorised processing or access, having regard to the state of the art, the nature of the data stored and the risks to which they are exposed by virtue of human action or physical or natural environment.
- However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that personal information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet. We ask that you do your part by maintaining in strict confidence any computer passwords you use to access the internet or this site. We encourage responsible reporting of any vulnerabilities that may be found in our Sites or any application available through our Sites.
- Except as specifically permitted by us, you may not disclose your user password for the Site to any third party nor share it with any third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personally identifiable information and may be subject to actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change it.
Transferring information overseas
Our servers holding your information may be located outside of the EEA. In particular in the USA.
- Provided that you have granted your consent, we may use your personal information to provide you with information about other services and products that are offered by us or our affiliated companies that we think may be of interest to you. We may contact you by post, by telephone, e-mail or other means.
- You are able to manage what marketing information you receive by unsubscribing from such communications. All communications carry the option to unsubscribe.
Third Party Information
Reviewing and Changing your Personal Information
- You have the right to access personal information held about you and may do so by contacting us. In accordance with the local applicable laws of your jurisdiction, any such access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information that we hold about you. You also have the right to object to any processing that is likely to cause you damage or distress and you also have the right to rectify, block, erase or destroy inaccurate data.
- It is important that the personal information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you are a registered user there is an update option [on the Site] to enable you to check and amend your information at any time.
- If you are an enquirer, should you wish to do so, you can review and change the information which you may have submitted during an enquiry by emailing us.
Exceptions and Contacting Us
- If at any time you believe that we have not adhered to these principles please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com and we will take all reasonable steps to determine and correct any problem.